Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mashups

I love the idea of mashups, pinching a bit from here and there to customise to suit yourself. I couldn't resist going into Countries I've visited in big huge tabs. That got me thinking about my "big" trip over thirty years ago on the liner Australis. I was so surprised to find some pictures of this ship in Flickr and felt quite nostalgic. I was on one of the last voyages this liner made, I guess five weeks at sea these days would be price inhibitive for most people. The route was from Sydney-New Zealand-Tahiti-through the Panama-Peurto Rico-Spain and finally UK.

What a trip!

Keir Clark's Star Viewer was endlessly fascinating with Utube trips into the galaxy. From there I ended up in google maps checking out a crime map which gave breakdowns of murders, burglaries, drug offences and crimes of violence in each particular borough of London. Scary!


Countries I've visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Australis' last Sydney visit
Originally uploaded by FredBom

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

There are some great possibilites with mashups - ones which add a lot of value to the content.

Ellen