Thursday, May 1, 2008

Online software

I just can't believe how much free online software is available on the net. Why would I bother installing expensive, well known programs. I had no idea and as I am about to purchase my first new computer I am so glad I discovered Google.docs and Zoho before rushing off to have something installed.

Google.docs seems like a simple to use word processing program well suited to novice word processor users. Zoho word processor is more elaborate and has more features. You can share, collaborate, chat and email from this site and I think it has huge potential.

I haven't had the time yet to visit all the programs available on the sites you suggested but the fact that they are free is a great help to those of us on limited budgets.

On the library front, no more flash drives or floppies, all can be saved online.

1 comment:

Arvind said...

Thanks for using Zoho & fro your appreciation!

Arvind
http://zoho.com