Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Me and RSS

I have stumbled through Real Simple Syndication and now managed to get a number of feeds in my account. Must admit, couldn't have done it without a very patient, very clever colleague.
I used the NSW Public Libraries Learning 2.00 recommendations, I found there was enough happening without having to go out and do my own searches. Besides, the Powerhouse Museum's picture of the day will be a brilliant way to start my morning.

I enjoyed the YouTube introduction to rss. It was basic, this is how I need things. It immediately pointed out that with rss things came to me in the form of latest updates, I no longer had to go out and search. I can see how this can be a real time saver. I can have all my favorite sites listed and choose what up to date information I want to view, all from my own site.

I have now gone and done a search for rss and libraries and come across three very interesting sites. I hope to digest them tonight and really get a feel for how libraries can best use rss.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Great to hear you are discussing this at work, and that the collaboration is so successfull. I think it is a good tie in with online learning and learning from one's colleagues.

I am also pleased to hear that you are enjoying RSS feeds.

Ellen (PLS)